Thursday, June 9, 2011

Surgeon Consult And Dietitian Meeting

Today was my surgeon consult for getting my gastric sleeve procedure done. He seemed like a great guy. Looks like I am still at least 30 days out from having it done though. I have to get a new stress test. I have to still do my psych evaluation.  I want it now. I am ready for the change yesterday.

 I met with my new dietitian today as well. Let me tell you she rocked!!! She is a success story and struggled with her own weight as well. Not some skinny mini bitch telling me I am fat and just dont eat!!!
She changed my diet some as well. I am on a 5/1 diet plan. 5 protein meal replacements and one super healthy dinner. She made me feel so at ease with this stressful process.  After her info I am pumped to cook healthy and at the same time enjoy my culinary abilities. One of the fears I had in this whole process was loosing the chance to create dishes. It is quite the opposite!!! These new dishes will be amazing. I love seafood. I love tofu.

 I also met 2 wonderful people today on the same journey as me. One of them even works for Wal-mart like me. She is a reclamations associate in Kentucky. When she found out I was a asset protection coordinator we hit it off instantly. The other was a man a few years older than me that had lost 150 pounds. He had uncontrollable diabetes like I do. Now his is totally gone!!!! The work out and gym facilities were amazing as well. Again no crazy skinny minis looking down at others. Everyone there was like me. On the journey to a healthy life. Changing our futures one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment