Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Psych Evaluation, Dietitian,and first workout at Fast Track

Well today was my psych evaluation for my gastric sleeve surgery. Had to take a 300 question test. Then meet with Dr. Buhrman. He was great to talk to. He said my mind was ready for surgery and that I seemed very committed or was it that I needed committed???
After that I met for a few minutes with Erin my Dietitian. Got my weigh in over. Talked with her for a few minutes about my diet. I see her again in 2 weeks. She is making this so easy.  Everyone here makes it so easy. So welcoming. Everyone seems so genuine as well. With what I do for work my bullshit detector is always on. I can truly say that this place rocks!!!!
Then it was off to Fast Track. Fast Track is the gym owned by Journey Lite. Its in the same building as my doctor as well. Got my tour about the facilites first. Funny thing as I was heading out to the treadmill I met another great person working to change her life. She had surgery in March. We talked about her experience. We talked about my experience as well. So great to work out in a safe environment. All of us there are on the same path. I can't wait to make some real lasting friends going here... Its a gym and a support group all rolled into one!!!

So my workout today.... 15 minutes on the treadmill. Then 15 minutes on a recumbent cross trainer. Was it rough the first time? Hell yes!!!! But I just cranked some Mega Death on my headphones got in the groove and zoned out!!!!


I know my surgery is still a month away. My bmi 3 weeks ago was 60. Today my bmi was 55. I was 400 pounds on 6/4. Today 6/22 I was 374 pounds. So 26 pounds lost in 18 days!!!!!! I had a 60 inch waist when I started. I can get into 56 inch waist now. 5x shirts were tight. Now into 4x with room!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up, it feels good to see progress, here for ya budy!!

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete