Saturday, June 25, 2011

50 FREAKING POUNDS!!!!!

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought a year ago I would be posting this. I HAVE LOST 50 FREAKING POUNDS!!!!! I mean I have lost 1/2 of a runway model!!

So what are the side effects of my losing 50 pounds? Well I am off all of my Diabetes medicine. My highest sugar reading in the last 2 weeks was a 160. I have went from 5x shirts being almost to tight to wearing a 4x. I have gone from a size 60 pants being tight to being able to get into a 56 pant. All the edema I used to get in my ankles after working 10 hours is gone!! I am finding that self confidence I seemed to be loosing over the last few years. I am getting back my insane sense of humor that made my wife love me 30 years ago. I have found myself again!!! Even my boss commented on how its great to have Frank back again.

So what is making this work for me this time. Why did all my other diet attempts fail in the past?  Drive, determination, and great support!!!

 I started smoking when I was 9 years old after my parents got divorced. I smoked until I was 28. Two packs a day at the end. I knew that smoking was bad for me but hey so is being fat. I quit like 18 times in 8 years. Stress always got me smoking again. Then I had a miracle in my life happen. The birth of my son. 8 months after he was born I gave up my career to be a stay at home dad.  I refused to smoke around him and he was my inspiration to stop. Cold turkey. Never again... So fast forward to last year. I decided I needed to loose so I just cut back. I dropped a few pounds here and there. I went up and down and up and down for 8 months. Then during my inventory prep this year I met Jeremy. He came down to my store to help me with a issue. We were working and shooting the bull when it came out that he had gastric bypass. Let me tell you that conversation planted a seed in my brain. A week later was my sons graduation. We took lots of pictures. While looking at the pictures I kept thinking. Who is that huge guy in the pictures. Thats not me.. Where the hell did I go... That seed Jeremy planted started to grow!! That was 4 weeks ago. I realize this time I am doing it for me. Selfish? Hell yes! I gave up my career for 13 years for my kids... So now its about me!!! No compromise this time. My determination is me!!!!

Thats when I found Journey Lite and Dr Curry and his staff.  I love the doctor. I love my dietitian Erin.
They own a work out facility called Fast Track. Its a gym for surgical weight loss people. Talk about a support group!!! Everyone there is on the same life path I am on. Loosing weight. Everyone I meet there is inspiration beyond inspiration.

So a year ago I would have never dreamed I would have lost 50 pounds!!! I would have never dreamed I am going to a gym and doing 30 minutes of cardio every day!! Yes everyday, I have not missed a single day!!!!!

I was so afraid that dieting meant I could not create great food. That I would loose my culinary love of life. This could not be further from the truth. I now only cook healthy. I use organic veggies. Only healthy fats. Only the best fresh meats and seafood. I am eating more vegetarian dishes. 99% of my meals are from fresh not processed foods. I am finding that I am using more creativity in my food than ever in my life.  I am taking great pride in sharing these dishes. My pallet is adjusting to lower sodium.

Writing all this down is so hard to do. But if I can inspire one person or just plant one seed the way Jeremy did for me it is all worth it!!!!!! If I can do this then anyone can!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment