Friday, July 8, 2011

"Cincinnati" style Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Well I am less than 2 weeks from surgery. Today I got all of my pre admission testing done. Nutrition class is now complete.

Tonight I wanted to whip up a good and fast meal. I love lettuce wraps. Asian style, mexican style it does not matter. Tonight I made them "Cincinnati" style. The main spices are from a seasoning packet of Cincinnati style chili. Gold Star brand to be exact!!!


"Cincinnati" Style Chicken Lettuce Wraps

6 ounces skinless chicken breast. Chopped super fine
1/2 cup mushrooms. Chopped
3/4 cup shredded cole slaw mix
1.5 tablespoon Cincinnati chili spice mix
1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste
chicken broth
1teaspoon olive oil
5 or 6 lettuce leaves

Heat olive oil in skillet. Add fine chopped chicken breast. Brown until cooked. Add cabbage and mushrooms. Sautee a few minutes. Add chicken broth as needed to keep moist. Add spices and mix well. Add more chicken stock as needed. Cook 2 or 3 minutes. Add tomato paste. Work it into the mixture adding chicken stock as needed. Let cook 3 or 4 minutes.  I added a few dashes of Tabasco sauce just like I do when I used to eat at Goldstar... Serve with lettuce leaves.

For those not on my crazy diet serve with Low fat sour cream, low fat cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment