Tuesday, July 5, 2011

16 Days Until My Gastric Sleeve Surgery

16 days and counting until my surgery date. So how is the 5/1 diet going for me? This week its slow, slow, slow.  Lots of hunger today. Not so bad I would ever cheat but pretty strong. I am still doing cardio 6 days a week. Today I did 3 miles plus in 30 minutes on the cross trainer. I love my workouts. I love that my workouts take me to the very edge of exhaustion.

So how am I feeling about the surgery??? Getting very nervous!!! Not bad enough to cancel but its starting to hit home that its coming real fast!!! I am sure its normal to be so geeked out about it. Lots of people see the changes in my weight and I get asked at least 10 times a day why I would still think about doing it when I am doing so great. Well the answer is I could not do this diet I am on for a super long time. While the liquid protein taste great its still just liquid protein 5 times a day.

Starting Friday I loose my 1 lean and green meal and am on nothing but liquid until surgery. This is so the fat around my liver and stomach can shrink even further to make the surgery easier to perform. That plus its proven that even a 15lb loss can low risk of complications after the surgery.

So I hang in there 2 more weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment