Saturday, July 16, 2011

5 Days Until My Gastric Sleeve

Wow where to start with this posting. So much is going on. 5 days until my surgery. I am on a liquid diet. We are on vacation. My son leaves for college in a month. What doe all this equal? STRESS!!!!! The old me when stressed reached out for one thing. No not BOOZE!!! Geez people!! Its FOOD!!!! In the past stress brought on massive amounts of food.
Having this surgery is really starting to worry me. I mean they are going to remove 75% of my freaking stomach right?  My rational mind tells me everything will be fine. But my irrational side is full of images not so fine.
This liquid protein diet is kicking my ass!!! No other way to put it. Funny thing is for the past 5 weeks I have been on a 5 protein drink/ 1 lean green meal a day. So no biggie to get rid of meal and add another protein shake right??? Hell no!!!! 6 70 to 90 calorie shakes a day. Just barely over 500 calories a day. less than 20 carbs. I am hungry all the time. My stomach hurts. I am sure if I was at work it wold not be as bad. A work I am so busy that there is no time to think about food. But on vacation.... Food is everywhere. Family is eating all sorts of great stuff. Sitting in restaurants watching them eat is the pits!!!

500 calories has stopped my workouts... My cardio was my eating replacement to combat stress.

But through it all I have stayed on plan. I am not going to give up the boat yet. 5 more days of this crap.

Ya I will survive!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment